Academic Coursework activities are the only activity that does NOT need pre-approval by a CMP Sponsor!!
In order for Academic Coursework activities to be approved for CEUs, students must provide the following to the CMP Sponsor:
- Academic Coursework form
- Course syllabus
- Official transcript showing a grade of "C" or better was obtained in that class.
The CMP Sponsor will work with the student to determine the following:
- Number of CEUs
- Type of CEU - Professional Studies or General Studies (a written statement may be required if trying to get PS for a class that does not fit the PS definition as set forth by RID.)
Students have the following responsibilities:
- Filling out the academic coursework form and submitting it to the sponsor.
- Sending the sponsor the course syllabus
- Sending the sponsor proof of a "C" or better grade.
- Sending all materials to the CMP Coordinator before the end of the member's cycle.