Academic Coursework activities are the only activity that does NOT need pre-approval by a CMP Sponsor!!

In order for Academic Coursework activities to be approved for CEUs, students must provide the following to the CMP Sponsor:

  1. Academic Coursework form
  2. Course syllabus
  3. Official transcript showing a grade of "C" or better was obtained in that class.

The CMP Sponsor will work with the student to determine the following:

  1. Number of CEUs
  2. Type of CEU - Professional Studies or General Studies (a written statement may be required if trying to get PS for a class that does not fit the PS definition as set forth by RID.)

Students have the following responsibilities:

  1. Filling out the academic coursework form and submitting it to the sponsor.
  2. Sending the sponsor the course syllabus
  3. Sending the sponsor proof of a "C" or better grade.
  4. Sending all materials to the CMP Coordinator before the end of the member's cycle.

Those using GVR as a CMP sponsor have responsibilities they must adhere to in order to get CEUs for themselves or for workshop participants. Failure to adhere to these responsibilities or to follow GVRRID's guidelines may lead to the inability to get CEUs.

Interested in Becoming a Member or Renewing Your Past Membership? Visit Our Membership Page or Contact Us Directly

Contact Us

Contact Us

P.O. Box 23672
Rochester, NY 14692-3672

Genesee Valley Region Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (GVRRID) does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, selection of volunteers and vendors and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members and volunteers.