Getting CEUs for your College / University Courses

CEUs may be awarded for coursework for college credit taken at an accredited institution.


  1. Course must be taken during the participant's CMP cycle.
  2. Course must be taken at a an accredited institution be recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
  3. Must receive a minimum letter grade of “C” (2.0) or above.

Process for Academic Coursework CEUs

Things to Consider

  • This is the only CEU bearing activity that can be done retroactively
  • It must be completed before the end of your CMP cycle
  • Courses taken in a semester will earn 1.5 CEUs per credit hour.  (Example - 3 credit course = 4.5 CEUs)
  • Courses taken during a quarter will earn 1 CEU per credit hour. (Example - 3 credit course = 3 CEUS)
  • See RID's instructions for more details
GVRRID's Academic Coursework Guidelines can be found here.
Contact Alyx Vaisey with any questions!



Interested in Becoming a Member or Renewing Your Past Membership? Visit Our Membership Page or Contact Us Directly

Contact Us

Contact Us

P.O. Box 23672
Rochester, NY 14692-3672

Genesee Valley Region Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf (GVRRID) does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, selection of volunteers and vendors and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members and volunteers.