- Published on Fri, November 11 2016
Hello GVR members!
My name is Sarah Cannon. I am your new president. It has been a season of transition for the new board. Hopefully, as time progresses, it will become easier to be more transparent and effectively communicate with all of the members.
Let me start by saying thank you for continuing to be part of the Rochester Interpreting Community. As your new president, I hope to meet and work with as many of you as possible. We recently had our first General Meeting with the new Board. Thank you to those who were able to attend. It was great to meet some new faces and have some great discussions about where GVRRID is headed.
There are a couple things I would like to mention. First, we are actively looking for a new Professional Development (PD) Chair for our PD committee. If you are interested or know someone who has the desire and skill set we are looking for please contact us.
Also, we are looking for someone to host and manage our website. If you know of someone who is looking for an opportunity to use their skills in Information Technology and Website management, please contact us.
Again, thank you so much for being a part of GVRRID. I look forward to communicating with you all more regularly in the future.
PD Chair Position:
- Someone who has a good understanding of the needs of the entire Rochester Interpreting community
- Someone who has good communications skills (signed, and written English skills)
- Someone with experience with hosting workshops and negotiating contracts with presenters
- A person who is a dual member in good standing (RID and GVRRID)
- Committee Chair Responsibilities:
- Leads PD Committee meetings.
- Keeps a rapport and open communication with President and the GVRRID Board through the PD Liaison.
- Gives reports to General Meeting membership and to the Board quarterly and as requested.
- Reviews and forwards all PD paperwork, budget requests and communication to the Treasurer, PD Board liaison, CMP chair, web and advertising officials.
- Communicates with partners.
- Submits workshop budgets to Treasurer for approval.