Sponsor Initiated Activities Definition
Sponsor Initiated Activities are workshops, conferences, supervision sessions and other events whose CEUs are directly sponsored by an RID affiliated organization like GVRRID. Both GVRRID/CNYRID members and non-members can participate in Sponsor Initiated Activities.
How to Offer CEUs for your Workshop / Conference / Event / Supervision Session
If you would like to organize a workshop, complete and submit the following items at least 45 days prior to the activity to Alyssa Vaisey. (Electronic submission highly preferred.)
- Instructor's Form (Activity Plan) (Word Document submission preferred)
- Please read Writing Measurable Objectives before completing the Instructor's Form.
- Instructor's Resume, CV or Bio (PDF or Word Document preferred)
- Promotional Materials (brochure, flyer, registration form, etc. (PDF or JPEG preferred
- Educational Agenda / Handouts (Electronic versions preferred)
For further details about the standards that RID requires CMP sponsors to follow, please read RID Guidelines for Sponsor Initiated Activities.
- Flyers must contain the following:
- The exact phrase "GVRRID is an Approved RID CMP Sponsor for continuing education activities. This (General Studies / Professional Studies) program is offered for # CEUs at the (little/none, some, extensive, teaching) Content Knowledge Level."
- Edit the text to indicate if it is General Studies or Professional Studies
- Indicate the number of CEUs being offered
- Indicate what content knowledge level the workshop is being taught at (the knowledge level of the participants)
- The educational objectives - these can be exactly as listed on the instructor's form or can be in a condensed description
- Refund policy or link to the cancellation / refund policy
- GVRRID's policy can be seen here - Workshop Cancellation Policy
- The target audience
- Statement of how to request accommodations
What Happens Once Everything is Submitted
Once you submit all of the above, GVRRID's CMP Coordinator will work with you to:
- Ensure the activity meets RID CMP/ACET standards and criteria, which may include revising learning objectives to be meet RID standards
- Post your activity on the RID workshop page (internal workshops do not need to be listed)
- Provide you with sign in sheets
- Provide you with Evaluation Forms
- Provide you with Activity Report Forms (where participants sign to receive their CEUs)
- Provide you with Certificates of Attendance